CAFO, an organization composed of more than 190 organizations and more than 650 church members, recently launched the ‘Expanding Family Solutions Grant Challenge,’ which aims to support creative programs enabling more children to grow up within nurturing families. Through $50,000 in grants ranging from $5,000 to $10,000, the challenge will help organizations implement family care in innovative ways.
Potential projects will:
- Develop more robust gatekeeping and family tracing services
- Initiate an important element of an effective foster care program—from recruitment to certification to support
- Implement an advocacy campaign that helps donors understand and embrace family-based care
- Create a kinship care training program and support network
- Re-purpose current resources–such as medical care, psycho-social support, or schooling–in ways that help enable local children to remain with their biological families
- Create a daytime schooling or care program that permits parents to work, while still allowing them to raise their children
- Implement a critical element of a domestic adoption recruitment, placement and/or support program
Research shows children are healthiest when raised in families and family-like environments. By offering support for organizations beginning the transition to family care, CAFO and GHR are helping move the needle toward a world where all children are living in a stable, positive, long-term family or family-like environment. The deadline to apply for the Expanding Family Solutions Grant Challenge is September 30—if you are a CAFO member with a project that fits this challenge, we encourage you to apply! To learn more about how GHR is working with CAFO and other organizations to support child protection interventions, contact us.