One such program is an effort by Benedictine Catholic sisters to enhance education, formation and communication through use of web-based technology. The project was funded by GHR for three years, totaling more than $440,000, to create a program of formation and education for newer members and develop an ongoing method of communication through the use of technology.
The project began this year, and its leaders have ambitious plans. The team has already begun to:
- Test software and equipment
- Purchase video cameras, train sister videographers and create training videos
- Set up a digital library, cloud storage, online learning tools and a Facebook page
- Purchase iPads to test training and education in pilot communities
- Conduct in-person training sessions with pilot communities at the American Benedictine Formation Conference
The project will culminate with a symposium in its third year, where participants will gather to share experiences and suggestions. Carrying into the future, the project will allow younger sisters to access to the wisdom and scholarship of more than 50 monasteries, enabling strong, supportive relationships, regardless of the physical distance. To learn more about GHR’s Sister Support Initiative, contact us.