GHR Foundation's board of directors charts the strategic direction of the Foundation. They do more than carry out legal and fiduciary responsibilities and oversee grant making—the board drives innovation and provides valuable input based on experience and wisdom. Board member Peter Karoff recently shared these insights into nonprofit effectiveness for the Nonprofits column of Santa Barbara’s Noozhawk:
- The Heart of Nonprofits: The human services field can struggle to attract funding, especially smaller organizations dealing with difficult issues.
- Nonprofits Cannot Succeed Single Handedly: Nonprofits cannot solve the funding problem in isolation—they need comprehensive support and collaboration.
- The Nonprofits Sector Needs to Go Deeper: The nonprofit field needs to think systemically using learning and collaboration to address the root of an issue.
- The Benefits of Operational Collaboration: A network of like-minded organizations can provide mutual support, knowledge-sharing and understanding.
- Preparing Leaders for the Future: Developing leaders for the future can build a network and lead communities to more comprehensive civic engagement.
Leadership like Peter’s is critical to the success of GHR and the organizations the Foundation funds. To learn more about how the GHR board drives results that improve lives and build a better future for all, contact us.