Those considering religious life are increasingly using the internet as an initial point of exploration, but many communities of Catholic sisters do not have a strong online presence.
A Nun’s Life is an online community that allows prospective people to connect across ages, borders and cultural backgrounds as they consider the possibility of life as a sister. The mission of A Nun’s Life is to help people discover and grow in their vocations by engaging questions about God, faith and life. It helps people do this through:
- Daily posts on the blog about vocation and religious life
- Podcasts which include daily prayer, a weekly “Ask Sister” session and live chats with religious experts
- An active vocations forum for those discerning a call to religious life
- Links to resources
Extend the reach of A Nun’s Life by:
- Re-launching its website to accommodate expanded content, technological innovation and increased traffic
- Implementing a marketing plan to reach new audiences
- Upgrading equipment and training staff and volunteers
This plan supported the growth of an online presence, fostering innovation and collaboration as well as new funding sources.
Targeted upgrades to ANunsLife.org resulted in:
- 4,000 additional views
- 24,000+ podcast downloads
- 195 percent increase in retweets
- 165 percent increase in people sharing Facebook content
- More than 45,000 downloads of clips from nuns
Communications and technology support are increasingly important to foster an open dialog with those considering religious life. By funding approaches like A Nun’s Life, donors can help share the work of sisters. To learn more about partnering to support the work of Catholic sisters, contact us.